Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Idyling in Idyllwild

Our first rest day in Idyllwild has been SO GREAT that I have to share pictures. Here's a little peak into the lives and psyches of newbie thru hikers:
FRESH CLEAN LAUNDRY! We lumped all our stinky smelly clothes in the garbage can for a pre-wash, then hauled them to the laundry machine, and now the boys dig through the pile for their special socks & shirts with huge smiles

What time is it, you ask? About 6:30am. I "slept in" and this is Breakfast #1.


We've been talking about french toast for about a week and a half. Now we finally get to eat it for Breakfast #2. Left to right: Dr. Scooter, Boulder, Sunshine, Dog Off a Leash, Sweet Tooth, and Guy on a Buffalo. Sunshine is our chef.

We ate 5 peieces of french toast each, crazy amounts of bacon, and a huge mixing bowl of whipped cream


Then we all got pedicures. Scooter provided the foot massages while I cleaned, clipped and painted everyone's toesies
We look SO GOOD.
So we have one more night livin' the good life. I think popcorn, a fire in the fireplace, and Life Aquatic are on the agenda before we hike back up the mountain tomorrow morning.
 
Sending love! DP

3 comments:

  1. Kayla! I love your post. I am so inspired and living vicariously through you while I am at the CASH office. :) So proud of you for taking on such an awesome endeavor...it's on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, how many pieces of french toast did you eat!!!??? And... did any of the boys paint their toenails? Looks like you're having a BLAST! So glad.
    TIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. The start to your journey looks so awesome already! Isn't it awesome how much food you can consume without consequence while thru-hiking?! Cheers to many more happy miles ahead, Kayla!

    ReplyDelete